6th February 2013
Promote your blog with a few pointers
When creating your blog promotion strategy for 2013 ensure that you add these three key strategies to get you on your way.
1. Share your posts on Social Media
Sharing your blog and each post that you write via social media should be your first avenue for promotion. The number of monthly active Twitter and Facebook users alone leaped to just under 1 billion by the end of 2012.
- Facebook – Add your post to your personal & business pages, groups and through Facebook Ads.
- Twitter – Utilise the reach of Twitter via your personal & business accounts and schedule your blog to be sent out a few times a day for the next month. Ensure that you change the message though – you don’t want to appear spammy!
- LinkedIn – Share with your connections on LinkedIn and in groups you belong to. Depending on budget, you can also set up LinkedIn ads to extend your reach to a new audience.
2. Make your blog content SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) Friendly
Search engines like Google and Bing are a massive opportunity for high quality traffic, yet many companies ignore this channel – instead opting to spend their budget on optimising a small set of targeted keywords for the main website as apposed to the blog.
With Google recently reporting that over 20% of search queries are completely new and have never been searched before, look to focus your SEO blog efforts on creating a portfolio of long-tail keywords that will provide a profitable strategy for growth.
3. Utilise Facebook Comments
If you are blogging from WordPress, then make it as easy as possible for your readers to leave their feedback and comments by installing the ‘Facebook comments for WordPress’ app.
The great thing about this plugin is that as well your audience being able to comment on non-Facebook related pages, their comments will also appear in the commenter’s timeline with a direct link to your post – thus extending the reach and exposure of your blog.
If you would like to find out more about marketing your blog or any other area of digital marketing, please contact Silver Agency on 01242 585 930.