6th May 2020
Now hiring – We’re looking for a Junior Planner to join our team
Are you a recent university graduate or a marketeer with 1 – 2 years’ experience? Are you passionately curious about what makes businesses tick and customers behave the way they do? Are you able to demonstrate a clear aptitude and interest in marketing strategy?
If so, then read on.
Role: Junior Planner
Reports to: Head of Strategy
Based at: Cheltenham, UK
What it means to work for Silver
Fuelled by a blend of ambition, curiosity and creativity, we’re on a mission to connect people with inspired ideas and compelling stories.
We’re an independent, global B2B marketing agency who has the pleasure of working with world-leading technology brands. Headquartered in Cheltenham and led by our CEO Alison Masters the Silver team is growing, not only in talent, but also in location with offices also in London and most recently Austin, Texas.
Our mission trickles down into the way we work. Join us and make your difference in an environment that values people and makes you feel right at home while working on award-winning projects.
About the role
Working closely with Silver’s Head of Strategy, Client Service, and Creative teams you’ll proactively drive strategic thinking across a number of client accounts.
You’ll work alongside colleagues and business owners to get to the truth and real meaning of organisations, using that to drive compelling strategic thought, communication plans and creative ideas.
You’ll bring and develop an understanding of customers, brands, digital and social media – working in a way that inspires forward-thinking and award-winning work.
We’re looking to invest in, develop, and help you grow in your career, all the while giving you exposure to clients that are leaders in their field. High-growth SMEs through to established enterprise organisations.
In return, we ask for your energy, commitment and an unrelenting thirst to learn and develop.
- Campaign and contact strategy planning across a number of channels (social, email, direct mail and digital) in order to meet the business challenges of clients
- Own the customer, market and competitor information for clients, distributing across all relevant agency colleagues
- Research and insight generation across live creative briefs
- Reporting and analysis. Communicating to clients the business impact of the work we deliver
- Management and optimisation across active client campaigns within LinkedIn
- Supporting the agency’s marketing plan, taking an active role in content planning and creation as well as
social media activity
- Encouraging and supporting the account teams to ‘think like a planner’ – generating clear, actionable objectives, insights and behaviours
- Sharing information within the agency on the latest industry trends, campaigns and opinions – building on the agency’s specialisms in at least one area
- Participate in agency initiatives (challenge evenings, hacks etc) being part of a cross-functional teams to deliver exciting new opportunities
- Inquisitive mind and drive to do new, challenging work
- Happy to debate and be challenged by others to reach a compelling consensus
- Analytical and creative thinking – ability to filter relevant information and arrive at a clear, informed point of view
- A passion for brands and influencing behaviours
- A self-starter who isn’t waiting to be briefed
- Persuasiveness; with strong one to one, group and written communication skills
- Keen to develop and learn (career development in marketing)
- Digitally savvy
- Passionate about technology and innovation within the technology sector
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org