We are on the lookout for a Studio Manager to join our team
About the role
Following unprecedented growth and success over the past 18 months, we’re on the look-out for a Studio Manager to join our growing and successful team to oversee, schedule, support and manage the delivery of all projects running through the Studio from start to finish.
You will have a deep understanding of the design and print process. You will be the relationship manager between the Studio team and the Account Management team, with a passion for cross-team communications, liaising with all departments daily.
Working closely with our Head of Creative and Studio Planning Assistant, you will contribute to the team with knowledge of all projects going through the Studio.
- Oversee all projects running through the Studio, liaising with Creative and Accounts teams to keep work on schedule through Synergist, our scheduling tool. Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously and manage competing priorities effectively.
- Assist Head of Creative and Studio Planning Assistant to automate and manage project proofs’ lifecycle using Ziflow, our proofing tool.
- Be the driving force of processes alongside the Head of Creative. Learn and improve the agency processes pro-actively, as well as keep the process guide updated.
- Line management of Studio Planning Assistant, setting objectives, appraisals and training.
- Analysing capacity utilisation – Reporting & health checks on projects. Collaborating with account managers on budget erosion with live data.
- Attend and input on forward planning meetings and understanding the weekly, monthly, quarterly forecast.
- Build and manage relationships with freelancers – Onboard suppliers with documentation, timesheets and processes and negotiate rates.
- Liaise with local and national print suppliers to tender and organise production across deliverables for our clients.
- Raise purchase orders to scale suppliers. Liaise with the Finance Manager to approve costs before the booking.
- To keep abreast of emerging practices to help with efficiencies in Studio management.
- Take onboard additional projects, duties and tasks as and when required by your manager.
- When required, assist with the management of photo and video production shoots.
- Compile and send out the brief chase for projects.
- Act as a gate keeper to spot early instances of scope creep.
- Experience managing projects through a Studio team.
- Experience in Synergist.
- Experience in project, workflow and budget management.
- Experience in the preparation and organisation of photo and video production shoots.
- Excellent organisation and timekeeping skills and ability to prioritise within a busy studio environment.
- Bulletproof knowledge of working methodologies of digital, video and print production.
- A pro-active mindset and pre-emptive approach to problem-solving.
- A can-do attitude with a strong emphasis on keeping morale high.
- Strong software knowledge.