Top 10 Guide: Marketing your Start-Up and SME
Immerse yourself with international brand man and entrepreneur, Graham Dodridge who shares his insight and experience.Download Now
Hothouse. The original meaning of a hothouse is a heated glass shed for growing a variety of plants and vegetation. In this particular context, it is a vibrant office for growing a variety of ideas and creating belief. Working within such an environment offers great excitement and drama.
Instead of elaborately describing a single exciting or dramatic occurrence, I thought an extended list of examples would better suit the fast pace of my profession and workplace. Here is just a handful of scenarios that sum up the ever-flowing world I work in:
– A new way of thinking disrupts and ultimately improves the way we do what we do.
– Feedback from a client sings our praises and raises the spirits, softening the murkiness of a Monday morning.
– When the team unites to deliver an ambitious piece of work before an even more ambitious deadline.
– When an idea snowballs into something rich and enthusing.
– When that idea becomes a reality.
– The synchronized cheer as a new client is announced.
– The arrival of a new member into our growing family.
– A website goes live.
– A video is showcased.
– A pitch is won.
– And finally, a selection of goodies appears on the communal table. One day it’s cookies, the next it’s doughnuts. Rarely healthy, always delicious. Apart from the Jaffa Cakes. I hate Jaffa Cakes.
So, imagine yourself entering a bustling market on a brisk Friday morning; the buzz of rival traders, the smell of freshly cooked bacon and the array of colours spilling out from each stall…
…Now imagine that the buzz is the sound of a brainstorm, the smell is of fresh pastries waiting for the breakfast briefing to commence and the stalls have become computers. The traders have become designers, to-and-froing with the account team, bartering for the best solution to the latest problem. This is a creative hothouse. This is Silver.
George is a vital pattern sewing a rich thread in the elaborate tapestry that is the Silver creative hothouse.